Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Protector - Reworking the Face - Adding a Scarf

My goal today was to continue on the headdress. I didn't. Well I did, but didn't.. The video will explain all.
I'd gotten some opinions of the mouth and the youth of the warrior. I have to wait till I'm in the mood to make changes like that. Well today I was in that mood. So the face went through a change today.
I re-thought the adding of the shell neckless. I was going through a huge book of portraits by Edward Curtis, taken in the latter part of the 18 and the very early part of the 1900s. I was looking for mouths that I could put on this warrior's face. I noticed that most of the men wore scarfs. This made sense to me. Especially those Indians who lived on the great plains and in the mountains. You still need to wear a scarf against the dust and cold. It wasn't any different back then.



Final Photographs today.




No comments: